Monday, October 18, 2010

Knock out Dog Fighting

I was wasting time today, messing around on Facebook when I saw a video from Knock Out Dog Fighting. Naturally my next step was to watch some pretty heartbreaking PSAs. It's a great message of course - dog fighting is cruel, inhumane and wrong.



But that's not what impressed me. I mean, all of us who love dogs know that.

What impressed me was that they are R+ teachers! They visit schools, juvenile detention centers and the like, but rather than lecturing the kids about what they shouldn't be doing,  they show them what they can do. Any good dog trainer knows that you can't just turn off behavior - it needs an outlet. I love that they are using this method to help teach kids that there are alternatives to such violent and desperate behavior, such as developing an interest in martial arts, physical fitness, dog training, CPR training and science. Only by helping them can we help the dogs too.

Check them out at Knockoutdogfighting.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment